What Are The Top Things To Do In Tanzania?
By Simbo Natai
From majestic mountains watching over wildlife-rich savannahs to cultural tours depicting vibrant customs, Tanzania offers much more than you might imagine. To reflect on this stunning gem in East Africa, we are going to reveal some of the best Things To Do In Tanzania.
Also, we won’t just stick to the activities in the popular tourist route, but also include those lesser-known spots. This will let you know real Tanzania even better.
With Tanzania Safari Packages provided by African Scenic Safaris, remember that you are in reliable hands! Our experienced and passionate guides are ready to introduce you to the thrilling adventures that Tanzania Safari Tours offers. This, while ensuring your safety and comfort. So, let’s start exploring Tanzania together!
Things To Do In Tanzania National Parks
Tanzania National Parks is a must-visit on your Tanzania Safari Tour. Bursting with diverse wildlife, striking landscapes, and cultural insights, they offer a range of Things to Do in Tanzania. Below we’ll review some of the Tanzania National Parks and highlight what you can do at them.
Serengeti National Park
While the Great Wildebeest Migration catches the eyes of several safari goers, there are other activities you may also consider adding to your Tanzania Safari Tour in the Serengeti. They are listed below:
Going On Game Drives
Game drives are one of the best ways to explore the vast Serengeti National Park and witness its incredible wildlife. With experienced guides and 4x4 vehicles, you’ll get to enjoy stuff like:
- Spotting a wide range of animals including elephants, lions, cheetahs, zebras, and giraffes.
- Experiencing the breathtaking landscapes of the Serengeti, including vast savannahs, woodlands, and riverine forests.
- Watching predators in action during a hunt and observing herds of grazing animals.
Visit The Moru Kopjes
The Moru Kopjes are a series of rocky outcrops that dot the Serengeti plains, providing unique habitats for wildlife to thrive. Out of all the Things to See in Tanzania during Serengeti Tours, here are a few of the important ones.
- Spotting predators such as leopards and hyenas that use the kopjes as hideouts.
- Take a scenic walk through the Moru Kopjes to experience the unique flora and fauna of the area.
- Learning about the geology and history of the Moru Kopjes from experienced guides.
Cultural Tours To Maasai villages
A cultural tour of a Maasai village provides visitors with a glimpse of the Maasai people's way of life and customs. This includes the following:
- Interacting with the Maasai people and learning about their way of life.
- Witnessing traditional dances, songs, and rituals.
- Learning about Maasai handicrafts such as beading and spear-making
Seeing The Great Migration
The annual Serengeti Wildebeest Migration is one of the most impressive wildlife spectacles in the world, attracting visitors from across the globe. Highlights of this activity include:
- Witnessing millions of wildebeest, zebras, and gazelles as they make their way across the Serengeti in search of food and water.
- Seeing predators such as lions and hyenas hunt during the migration.
- Take a ride in a Hot Air Balloon Over Serengeti to witness the migration from above.
Stepping Back In Time To The Olduvai Gorge
Olduvai Gorge is a world-famous archaeological site that offers visitors the opportunity to learn about the evolution of humans and their history. Visiting the gorge is one of the most Unique Things to do in Tanzania where you can experience the following-
- Seeing prehistoric fossils and artefacts on display at the Olduvai Gorge Museum.
- Learning about the discoveries made by archaeologists such as the Leakeys, who significantly contributed to understanding human evolution.
- Take a guided tour of the site to learn about the geological and historical significance of Olduvai Gorge.
Serengeti Wins Africa’s Leading National Park 2022 In World Travel Awards.
Which Tour? Here are 9 of our favourite Tanzanian safaris:
- 12 Days Tanzania Family Safaris
- 8 Days Tanzania Classic Safari
- 6 Days Tanzania Short & Sweet Safari
- 10 Days Tanzania Closer To Nature
- 7 Days Big Five Safaris In Tanzania
- 13 Days Cultural Wildlife Hiking
- Serengeti Wildebeest Migration
- Tanzania Honeymoon Safari
- Tanzania Cultural Tours
See more Tanzania Safari Packages.
Track the Great Migration at Serengeti
Witness the captivating cycle of life during the Great Migration, one of the most extraordinary wildlife spectacles on Earth.
Lake Manyara National Park
From seeing countless species of birds and walking tours to gliding along the eponymous lake, let us take you on a journey to what sort of things you can do in the bird kingdom of Tanzania, Lake Manyara National Park.
Canoeing is a unique way to experience Lake Manyara; visitors can witness wildlife differently. This is where you’ll be able to:
- Paddle along the shoreline of the lake, observing birdlife, and other animals up close.
- Spot hippos and other aquatic animals from the safety of a canoe
- Take in the stunning views of the park's landscapes from the water.
Night Game Drives
Night game drives are one of the most distinctive and Best Things to do in Tanzania. And Lake Manyara National Park is one of the few Tanzanian destinations where you can go on night game drives and experience:
- Seeing nocturnal animals such as leopards, genets, and civets in their natural habitat.
- Observing predators on the hunt as they stalk their prey in the dark.
- Witnessing the park's landscape come alive at night.
Lake Manyara National Park is a haven for birdwatchers because of the presence of over 400 species of birds. Where some destinations dream to have this much variety, Lake Manyara safari experiences are full of:
- Spotting over 400 species of birds that call the park home, including flamingos, pelicans, and storks
- Watching the different bird species in their unique habitats, including the acacia woodlands and the shores of the lake
- Learning about the birdlife of the park from experienced guides.
Treetop Canopy Walks
Treetop canopy walks provide visitors with a unique way to experience the park's landscapes and wildlife. This is one of the Things to do in Tanzania Other than Safari and undergo experiences like:
- Walking along suspended bridges that connect trees, offering stunning views of the park's flora and fauna
- Observing monkeys and other animals that inhabit the treetops of the park
- Learning about the unique ecosystems that exist in the treetops from experienced guides.
Spot the pink horizons at Lake Manyara
Marvel at the extraordinary sight of thousands of flamingos taking flight, creating an awe-inspiring pink panorama.
Tarangire National Park
Tarangire National Park features an enchanting blend of landscapes that's perfect for photography and exploration. You can tick off a lot of safari activities when visiting Tarangire on Tanzania Travel. We don’t want to keep you guessing, so let’s look at what some of these things are.
Elephant Viewing Safaris
Tarangire National Park is home to a massive concentration of elephants that are possibly the most in numbers across Tanzania. So, naturally, elephant viewing safaris are one of the foremost activities to do in the park and enjoy adventures such as:
- Watching elephants as they graze on the park’s woodlands and grasslands.
- Observing herds of elephants as they traverse the park’s vast landscapes.
- And, learning about their behaviour and ecology from experienced guides who possess a wealth of knowledge about wildlife.
This is a great activity that allows you to learn more about the rich cultural traditions and customs of the native communities in Tanzania. By taking part in this activity, you’ll get to:
- Interact with the local Maasai people and learn about their traditional way of life.
- Get insights into their traditional dressing sense, what establishments they live in and their authentically handmade jewellery.
- Try out traditional Maasai cuisines and beverages.
Step into old traditions of the Maasai
Get a first-hand experience of the Maasai people's unique way of life, marked by their vibrant clothing, traditional dances, and fascinating rituals.
Tarangire National Park is a habitat for over 500 species of documented birds, making it a one-stop destination for keen twitchers. By including a specialized birdwatching tour in your Tanzania Safari Package, you’ll get to enjoy safari experiences like:
- Spotting a range of bird species, including Fischer’s lovebirds, hornbills, raptors, and endemic species native to Tanzania.
- Seeing birds in the park’s natural habitats, including marshes, woodlands, and riverine forests.
Find the giants at Tarangire National Park.
Experience the thrill of coming face-to-face with African elephants and marvel at their gentle strength and grace.
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area, famous for its volcanic caldera, is a hotspot for an unparalleled Tanzania Safari Experience. This UNESCO World Heritage site provides thrilling encounters with diverse wildlife, including the Big Five. Let’s deep-dive into some things to do at Ngorongoro Conservation Area:
Big Five Safaris
If you’re looking for exciting and adventurous Things to do in Tanzania, then you should seriously consider the big five Safaris In Ngorongoro.
- Visitors can explore the area's vast plains, dense forests, and mountainous regions to spot these magnificent animals in their natural habitat.
- With the guidance of experienced guides, you’ll be able to observe these majestic animals up close while learning about their behaviour and habitat.
- Plus, with the population of endangered black rhinos, seeing all of the big five in a single day is one of the major takeaways of safaris here.
For nature enthusiasts and photographers, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area is a paradise for both seasoned and beginner photographers.
- The landscape is a breathtaking mixture of vast savannah plains, dense forests, and majestic mountains, providing an ideal setting for photographic safaris.
- On a safari here, you’ll be able to capture scenic shots of the area’s abundant wildlife, including lions, rhinos, and cape buffaloes.
One of the Top Things to do in Tanzania is go on cultural excursions to meet and interact with the native communities. And, Ngorongoro Conservation Area doesn’t fall short in delivering enriching cultural tours.
- On this tour, you’ll get to visit the San Bushmen. They are an indigenous tribe known for their deep-rooted connection to the land and they still practice the ancient way of life.
- The tour is led by a knowledgeable guide who will provide insight into the San's history, culture, and way of life.
- This is a great opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the local culture and a chance to support the preservation of their traditions.
Crater And Nature Walks
A nature and crater view walk is an excellent option for those who prefer a more leisurely and immersive experience in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
- The walk takes you through the area's stunning landscapes, providing breathtaking views of the Ngorongoro Crater and the surrounding areas.
- Along the way, you will also get to learn about the local flora and fauna, including various bird species and plants. The walk is led by an experienced guide who will provide insight into the area's ecology and geology.
Which Tour? Here are 8 of our favourite Tanzanian safaris:
- 12 Days Tanzania Family Safaris
- 8 Days Tanzania Classic Safari
- 6 Days Tanzania Short & Sweet Safari
- 10 Days Tanzania Closer To Nature
- 7 Days Big Five Safaris In Tanzania
- 13 Days Cultural Wildlife Hiking
- Tanzania Honeymoon Safari
- Tanzania Cultural Tours
See more Tanzania Safari Packages.
Arusha National Park
Though smaller than other national parks, Arusha National Park is a popular destination on Safaris in Tanzania. Let's take a look at some Fun Things to Do in Tanzania on an Arusha Safari.
Arusha National Park boasts the beautiful Momella Lakes where you can enjoy an unforgettable canoeing safari. Here are some experiences you can look forward to:
- Glide across the calm waters, observing wildlife along the shoreline and on the islands.
- Spot various bird species, hippopotami and even herds of buffaloes taking a drink from the lake.
- Soak in the mesmerizing views of Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru reflecting on the lake's surface.
Arusha offers a rich cultural experience that complements its natural attractions. Engaging in a cultural tour here will allow you to:
- Visit local communities and gain insights into their traditions and daily life.
- Learn about traditional crafts, farming practices and culinary delights.
- Experience the warm hospitality of the Tanzanian people and immerse yourself in their culture.
Hiking And Mountaineering
Arusha National Park is the gateway to Mount Meru, Tanzania's second-highest peak. Hiking or mountaineering here provides unique experiences such as:
- Challenging yourself with a climb to the summit of Mount Meru.
- Traversing diverse landscapes, from lush forests to alpine deserts.
- Spotting a wide range of wildlife along the trail, including colobus monkeys, giraffes and a variety of bird species.
Kilimanjaro National Park
Kilimanjaro National Park, home to Africa's highest peak, is a treasured destination for those on Safaris in Tanzania. Let's explore what makes this park a bucket-list destination for many adventurous travellers.
Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro
The colossal Mount Kilimanjaro is the centrepiece of this national park. When you undertake the Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing adventure here, you get to enjoy experiences like:
- Taking on the challenge of ascending Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa.
- Walking through diverse ecosystems, from lush rainforests to alpine deserts and snow-capped peaks.
- Witnessing breathtaking sunrises and panoramic views over the African plains.
An authentic Maasai village, Olpopongi offers visitors an immersive cultural experience. Here, you can:
- Engage with the Maasai community, learning about their history, traditions, and daily life.
- Participate in traditional dances, local crafting sessions, and listen to fascinating folklore.
- Sample Maasai cuisine and get a glimpse of their sustainable, pastoral lifestyle.
Visit Lake Chala
The crater lake on the eastern edge of Kilimanjaro offers a serene and picturesque setting for exploration. Your visit may involve:
- Admiring the lake's turquoise waters, a perfect contrast to the crater's steep walls.
- Experiencing the rich biodiversity, including numerous bird species and the chance to spot Kilimanjaro's unique chameleons.
- Enjoy a picnic by the lake or a revitalizing dip in its waters.
Walking the Shira Plateau
This is a top pick for less strenuous activity while still enjoying Kilimanjaro's natural beauty. A walk on the Shira Plateau lets you:
- Explore one of the largest high-altitude plateaus in the world, boasting remarkable landscapes.
- Encounter a variety of flora and fauna, including the iconic Giant Senecio plants.
- Enjoy clear views of the Western Breach and the snowy Uhuru Peak in the distance.
Things To Do In Arusha
Arusha in Tanzania isn't just a quick rest stop for travellers on their way to safaris. It's a lively city full of busy markets, cool art spots, coffee shops, and tasty food places. You'll see colourful taxis, local Maasai folks in their traditional clothes, and sellers with their wooden carts full of goodies.
Here's a short list of fun Things to Do in Arusha Tanzania:
- Check out the markets in Arusha. It's a fun place to see local life and maybe buy a few unique things.
- The region has cool local art. See it for yourself at nearby galleries on your Tanzania Safari Tours.
- Try the local dishes at Arusha's cafes and restaurants. They are a mix of African, Arabic, and European tastes.
- Learn about the Maasai people. Join local events to know more about their way of life.
Want to know more about Arusha? Visit our page on Things to Do in Arusha which mentions the top 50 activities that you will find in the metropolitan gateway of Tanzania. All in all, it's a great place to begin your adventure in Tanzania!
Discover the charm of Arusha
Immerse yourself in the rich tapestry of Tanzanian culture, nestled amid urban wildlife in the heart of Arusha city.
Things To Do In Moshi
Moshi is a charming town in Tanzania that's more than just a base camp for climbers tackling Mount Kilimanjaro. Though Moshi is relatively smaller compared to Arusha, it is less hectic.
Plus, the scenic views of Mount Kilimanjaro at the backdrop are a bonus when visiting Moshi in Tanzania. There are so many interesting Things to Do in Tanzania Moshi, some of which are mentioned below:
- Even if you're not climbing to the top, you can do day hikes on Kilimanjaro. Enjoy the mountain's beauty without the multi-day commitment.
- Moshi is in the heart of coffee-growing land. Visit a coffee plantation to learn about the process and enjoy a fresh brew.
- Walk around Moshi to experience local life. Visit the markets, try street food, and meet the friendly locals.
- Just outside Moshi is the stunning Materuni Waterfalls. Enjoy a refreshing swim and a picnic here.
For more ideas on what to do in Moshi, have a look at our page on Things to Do in Moshi. Moshi offers a unique experience on your Tanzania journey!
Immerse yourself in Moshi
Soak up the vibrant local culture, relish the exquisite cuisine, and explore unique crafts in Moshi.
Things To Do In Dar Es Salaam
Dar es Salaam is Tanzania's largest city and offers a unique mix of lively urban life and a laid-back atmosphere. It's a less travelled city and provides a unique chance to experience true African urban living. Dive into the local markets, taste the street food, visit museums, and soak up the outdoor scenes. Read on for our top picks on Things to Do in Dar es Salaam Tanzania:
- Experience the vibrant local markets in Dar es Salaam. It's a great place to find unique items and gifts.
- Treat your taste buds to a variety of local street foods. It's a culinary adventure!
- Witness the bustling fish market. It's a unique experience, seeing the day's catch come in.
- Take a break and relax on Dar es Salaam's beautiful islands. It's the perfect way to unwind. Take part in snorkelling, sailing, and fishing excursions around the local islands.
- Learn more about Tanzanian history and culture by visiting the city's museums. It's a fascinating journey into the past.
So, a lot is waiting for you in Dar es Salaam. Don't miss out on this urban Tanzanian adventure!
Experience the coast of Dar-es-Salaam
Savour the perfect blend of urban life and coastal tranquillity, punctuated by vibrant markets and serene beaches.
Adventurous Things To Do In Tanzania
Tanzania offers plenty of thrilling adventures beyond its mesmerizing wildlife and scenic beauty. For that make sure you indulge in all these exciting activities on your Safaris in Tanzania. Some of the most Adventurous Things to Do in Tanzania that will make your trip memorable are:
Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing
Conquer the highest peak in Africa, Mount Kilimanjaro. This challenge is not just a climb, it's an experience of a lifetime. With changing terrains and captivating views on Kilimanjaro Tours, it's sure to test your endurance and reward you with a sense of accomplishment.
Hot Air Balloon Safaris
Get a bird's-eye view of Tanzania's rich wildlife with a Serengeti Hot Air Balloon Safari. Soar high above the plains and witness the incredible landscapes and wildlife. It's an adventure that promises breathtaking views and memorable moments.
So, gear up and immerse yourself in these adventurous activities during your Tanzania Safari Holidays. It's the perfect way to create unforgettable memories with your friends or family!
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
12 Days Tanzania Family Safaris
Our Family Bush & Beach safari offers moments of delight for family members of all ages...
8 Days Tanzania Classic Safari
Imagine a ‘safari’ in the classic sense – vast stretches of savannah, flat-topped acacia trees...
6 Days Tanzania Short & Sweet Safari
This compact adventure is designed for travellers who want to get a taste of African wildlife...
10 Days Tanzania Safari Closer To Nature
Do you dream of being up close and personal with nature, truly feeling it with every sense...
Things To Do In Tanzania According To Season
Tanzania is a year-round destination offering a myriad of activities and experiences across different seasons. So, the Best Time to Visit Tanzania depends on what you're interested in doing. Here is a breakdown of the different Tanzania Safari Seasons and some of the best activities to enjoy during each one:
The Dry Season (June-October)
is the perfect time for wildlife safaris as animals gather around waterholes and rivers. The Great Migration in the Serengeti is a highlight during these months. Mount Kilimanjaro also offers good climbing conditions.
The Short Rainy Season (November-December)
is a fantastic time for bird-watching, as migratory birds arrive in plenty. It's also a great time to explore the coastal areas of Tanzania too.
The Short Dry Period (January-February)
between the short and long rains is another good time for safaris. This is because of the fewer crowds and newborn animals sighted frequently.
The Wet Season (March-May)
is an ideal season for photographers seeking lush landscapes and dramatic skies. This is also the calving season for wildebeest, offering a unique spectacle in the Serengeti.
|TANZANIA SAFARI SEASON||ACTIVITIES|
|Dry Season (June to October)||Wildlife safaris, Great Migration, Mount Kilimanjaro climbing|
|Short Rainy Season (November- December)||Explore northern circuit parks, Bird-watching, Visit coastal areas|
|Short Dry Period (January-February)||Sighting of newborn animals, Prey-predator action.|
|Wet Season (March-May)||Photography, wildebeest calving, Bird watching tours|
Choose your activities based on the season to make the most out of your Tanzania Safari Tours.
Even More Things To Do In Tanzania
Tanzania is more than just stunning wildlife and thrilling game drives. Sure, they're fantastic, but there's a lot more to explore in this beautiful country. Let's take a moment to look beyond the sweeping savannahs and dive into some other exciting Tanzania Safari Activities:
Immerse yourself in the local culture by visiting tribal villages and local markets in Tanzania Cultural Tours. Learn about the traditional way of life, tribal customs, local cuisines, and more. It's a unique opportunity to understand Tanzania from a different perspective.
Hiking And Nature Walks
Tanzania's diverse landscapes are perfect for nature walks and hikes. From walking safaris in national parks to exploring the verdant Usambara Mountains, these activities offer you a chance to get up close to nature.
With over 1,000 bird species, Tanzania is a paradise for bird watchers. The diverse habitats, from forests to wetlands, attract a wide range of bird species. This makes Birdwatching Safaris an exciting activity for nature lovers.
Cycling In Tanzania
Wonderful possibilities for bike rides are scattered throughout the national parks in Tanzania’s northern region. Plus, a one-week bicycle tour in the Zanzibar archipelago. Though exploring the island in one day is also possible.
Day trips on horseback can be done at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro in wonderful rainforests and rural areas. Or you could go out on horseback for some more days and delve deeper into nature and see more animals.
Day Tour Activities In Tanzania
Apart from the Things to Do in Tanzania mentioned above, there are other things awaiting exploration. These are what are known as day tours and they are perfect for anyone who is looking for an extended Tanzania Safari Vacation. The following are some of our top choices:
|Arusha National Park Day trip||Dar es Salaam city tour|
|Kilimanjaro National Park Day trip||Day trip tour to Udzungwa Mountains National Park|
|Lake Manyara National Park Day trip||Chemka Hot Springs Day tour|
|Tarangire National Park Day trip||Olpopongi Maasai Cultural Village tour|
|Day trip to Mt. Meru||Paje Beach & Blue Lagoon Day tour|
|Serengeti Safari from Mwanza||Zanzibar full-day tour|
|Day trip from Ngorongoro to Mikumi National Park||Lake Chala day trip|
|Day trip to Ruaha National Park||Marangu cultural tour|
|Gombe National Park Day tour||Trip to Materuni Waterfalls|
|Pemba tour||Mafia tour|
|Bagamoyo tour||Kilwa tour|
|Mwanza tour||Moshi tour|
|Kigoma tour||Kikiletwa Hot Springs Day trip|
|1-day Kilimanjaro Cycle Shira route Stone Town and Prison Town from Zanzibar|
Marvel at the seasonal wonders of Tanzania
From dry-season safaris to wet-season bird watching, each season unveils nature's spectacle in full glory.
A Quick Rundown Of Top-Rated Things To Do In Tanzania
Lastly, let’s give you a quick summary of the Best Things to Do in Tanzania. We’ll offer useful explanations of the activities and costs. This way you’ll be able to figure out what activity you’d like to take part in.
Craft your perfect day with tours
Experience the best of Tanzania with expertly curated day tours that combine historical sites, natural wonders, and cultural experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are plenty of Things To Do In Tanzania apart from game viewing and Climbing Kilimanjaro. For example, relaxing on the sun-soaked white sand beaches of Zanzibar, going on enriching cultural expeditions, boat and canoeing trips on the lakes, etc.
Yes, there are! You can visit some of the western circuit Tanzania National Parks like Gombe National Park, and Mahale Mountains National Park. Though the northern safari circuit also has its fair share of remote attractions including off-the-grid camping adventures, and guided walking tours to less frequented regions.
As far as your mind can imagine! Tanzania is home to some of the largest concentrations of wildlife on the entire planet. From the big five and herbivores to the migrating herds and large mammals, everything you wish to see is here.
Deep-sea diving, snorkelling, sport fishing, whale watching, dolphin tours, canoeing safaris, parasailing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, etc. are just some of the water-based Things to do in Tanzania. The stunning archipelagos of Zanzibar are the perfect place to take part in these activities.
Some of the Top Things to do in Tanzania include Hiking Mount Kilimanjaro, going on safari, visiting the beaches of Zanzibar, and exploring the local culture.
Zanzibar offers a range of activities, including snorkelling, scuba diving, visiting Stone Town, and relaxing on the beach.
Yes, you can visit the Maasai tribe in Tanzania and learn about their culture and traditions.
Yes, there are several hiking trails in Tanzania, including Mount Meru and the Usambara Mountains.
Yes, you can go hot air ballooning in Tanzania, and some popular locations include the Serengeti and Tarangire National Park.
The best way to explore Tanzania National Parks is by going on a guided safari tour, which can be arranged through a tour operator.
The Spice Island tour is a guided tour that takes visitors through Zanzibar's spice plantations, where they can learn about the island's history and the spices grown there.
Yes, Tanzania is a great place to go diving with whale sharks, and some popular locations include Mafia Island and Pemba Island.
The list of must-see Attractions in Tanzania includes Mount Kilimanjaro, the Serengeti Plains, Ngorongoro Crater, and Olduvai Gorge.
Yes, one can volunteer in education, healthcare, and wildlife conservation projects through reputable organizations on Tanzania Safari Holidays.
Yes, with over 1,000 bird species, parks like Lake Manyara and Arusha are perfect for Bird-Watching in Tanzania.
Cultural experiences during Tanzania Safari Tours include visiting Maasai villages, and local markets, tasting traditional dishes, and attending local festivals.
Unique souvenirs that could be bought when coming for Tanzania Safari Tours include Maasai beadwork, Makonde wood carvings, Tanzanite gemstones, and Tingatinga paintings.
Yes, coffee plantation tours are common on Tanzania Travel. They are mainly conducted in the Arusha region, offering insight into coffee production.
Hiking and trekking opportunities in Tanzania are plentiful. From Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru to the Usambara Mountains and Gombe and Mahale forests, safari-goers have enough places to go for hiking on Tanzania Safari Vacation.
Some places you can opt to visit during Tanzania Safari Tours for seeing chimpanzees in their natural habitats are Gombe Stream and Mahale Mountains National Parks.
Yes, night game drives are offered in selected parks like Lake Manyara and Tarangire, for unique views of nocturnal wildlife.
Yes, Olduvai Gorge excursions are a part of our Tanzania Safari Packages. It is a significant archaeological site where ancient hominid fossils were discovered and is open to travellers.
Local markets, galleries, and cultural centres like the Cultural Heritage Centre in Arusha showcase traditional art and crafts on a visit to Tanzania.
A whole Lot Of Fun Activities Await You In Tanzania!
In wrapping up, Tanzania Safari Tours are packed with excitement and unique experiences, truly showcasing the Best Things to Do in Tanzania. We highly recommend diving headfirst into the array of activities available.
Our team at African Scenic Safaris are here to ensure your adventure is unforgettable with our customizable Tanzania Safari Packages. Book one of them and you are sorted to gain an experience of a lifetime.
And, that’s not all! There are countless more experiences to discover in Tanzania for you and your friends. Curious to uncover them? Reserve your Tanzania trip now and relish all these exciting activities and more.Top of Form
Safaris In Tanzania during the green season are more budget-friendly. Yet, the dry season is the optimal time for a safari. So, you should select when to go on a safari based on your preferences.
Safaris In Tanzania during the green season are more budget-friendly. Yet, the dry you should select when to go on a safari based on your preferences.
Safaris In Tanzania during the green season are more budget-friendly. Yet, your preferences.
Simbo Natai was born and raised on the foothills of Kilimanjaro. After completing Secondary School, he attended Tourism College, where he discovered his love for African wildlife. Simbo started in the industry as a guide, Climbing Kilimanjaro before specializing as a safari guide. He runs the logistics of African Scenic Safaris and will be behind the scenes, ensuring your safari or climb is perfectly organized.